In what can only be described as extreme conditions, St. Francis Yacht Club took first place in one of the most intensely fought matches in the second edition of the Global Team Racing Regatta. The regatta, hosted by the Royal Yacht Squadron and sailed in 12 matched J/70s, saw winds rarely less than 18 knots, but team racing at the highest of global standards. Twelve teams from around the world assembled at Cowes for the three-day event. Each day saw a similar pattern of fresh breeze mounting to gale force by early afternoon, resulting in racing being abandoned. Despite this, the race management team delivered a full round robin, not to mention some truly memorable social events ashore. The Global Team Racing Regatta will now move in 2020 to Italy where it will be hosted by the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda.
Final Rank Order
- St. Francis Yacht Club, USA
- Royal Thames Yacht Club, GBR
- New York Yacht Club, USA
- Newport Harbor Yacht Club, USA
- Royal Cork Yacht Club, IRL
- Dutch Match and Team Race Association, NED
- Royal Yacht Squadron, GBR
- Bayerischer Yacht Club, GER
- Sorrento Sailing Couta Boat Club, AUS
- Yacht Club Argentino, ARG
- Japanese Sailing Federation, JAP
- Royal Bombay Yacht Club, IND
For complete event detials, visit 2kteamracing.com.